Thursday, September 13, 2012

Style Fit Testimony

Hello Dolls, so I have been telling you for a while now that I would share my weight loss story; so here it is!

Since I was a young girl I have struggled with my weight, I have lost 25 pounds + more multiple times in my life! The most important thing I have learned with my weight journey is healthy living is a lifestyle! If you do not make it a lifestyle you will gain your weight back 10 fold. Gaining weight and losing weight constantly is very harmful to your health! Therefore if you are planning on losing weight do not only do it for you looks, do it for your overall health and most importantly make it your lifestyle!

How I lost 45 pounds:
Two words Dedication/Motivation
Those are the only two tools you will NEED to change your lifestyle! If you have those 2 tools you will succeed, if NOT you will fail!

Losing weight Consists of the 80/20 Rule which means 80% Nutrition(your diet, food intake) 20% consists of your work outs!

Make sure you are eating and including all food groups in your diet. In those food groups there are GOOD and BAD FATS, SIMPLE and COMPLEX CARBS!
Simple Carbs are not nutritionally beneficial, they are made up of sugar!
Complex Carbs are comprised of stretch and fiber and release gradually, which provides your body with energy! It makes your body satisfied and full!

You also need to intake a certain amount calories per day. A way to determine your daily intake is to multiply your weight by 9, for example if you weigh 150 pounds you would multiple; 150 x 9 which equals 1350. Your total based off your weight will be the calories you need to eat per day. You also want to ensure that you are eating small portion meals/snacks every 2-3 hours! When I am eating throughout the day I time when it is time for me to eat my next meal or snack, it is very helpful! Here is an example of one of my daily nutrition routines.

EXAMPLE

Breakfast 8:00a.m

Egg Whites (great protein)

Turkey Bacon

With fruit (good carb)

Snack 10:00a.m

Veggies

Lunch 12:00p.m

Brown Rice

Baked Tilapia

With Broccoli

Snack 2:00pm

Fiber Bar


Pre Work out Snack 4:00
(always be sure to include a GOOD carb and Protein in your pre work out snack)

Slice of Whole Wheat bread (make sure it says 100% whole wheat) with teaspoon of natural peanut butter

One boiled egg

Dinner 6:30pm

Salad with Chicken

So again my meals consist of protein, my whole grains, my good carbs (not to many) my meats, veggies and fruits within my calorie intake. Also it is ok to eat pasta’s but you have to make sure that you are eating WHOLE WHEAT pasta, Whole Wheat bread and rice!

Good Foods:

Fruits, Veggies, Baked foods ONLY, nothing fried is acceptable! I try to cut out Red meats because it is so heavy and the hardest to digest. I only eat Chicken, Fish, Shrimp and Turkey. Nuts are a great source of Protein as well; try to stay away from foods that are high in sodium! Use Mrs. Dash seasonings when cooking. When eating make sure to eat natural foods and less packaged foods!

If you aren’t good with keeping up with your calories www.calorieking.com is a great tool

Work Outs:

Make sure you are working out at least 4 to 5 times a week, for the best results.

You should do weight training (working out with actual weights) and cardio i.e running, tread mill, stair master, ect.

For great work out tips and overall health tips please use www.bodybuilder.com

If you have any other questions please email me @janaejaquel@gmail.com





6 comments:

  1. That's awesome thnaks for the tips ill definitely use

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome and yes try it, it's help me a ton!

      Delete
  2. Love it!!! Those tips are amazing! I too am trying to lose weight and no one has ever broke it down like that so thanks girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look gorgeous girl! I seen your submission on fashion bomb and loved it! thanks for these great tips. I am currently trying to lose weight and this was very helpful. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks doll! Keep me updated and let me know how it works out for you :)

    ReplyDelete