Sunday, July 7, 2013

Envy By Khanh

Hello Dolls,

    So as you all know I started blogging almost a year ago and I never expected to be where I am today. It all started with my vision of becoming a fashion blogger and just seeing what doors would open! I never had any specific direction as far as where I wanted to go. Although I did study Fashion Merchandise, I still didn't know what I wanted to do exactly. After blogging for a few months I begin to get inquiries about styling people, and I fell in love. I love helping individuals feel at ease, building and boosting their confidence with their personal style. I was awed when people were interested in little ol' me helping them look their best.
   With styling I met some great people, not only my amazing clients but also people in the industry. With that, I begin getting bookings for styling jobs at photo-shoots and fashion shows and I would always, always get thrown into doing makeup. I had no makeup kit, I would simply use my own personal kit and people loved my work. I wasn't confident whatsoever but after practicing and building my kit I started getting bookings like crazy. I mean I was getting all sorts of bookings from photo-shoots, weddings, make-overs, editorial work and so much more. It was crazy, I had no clue I would be where I am, but I am beyond thankful and I absolutely love being a wardrobe stylist/makeup artist. I am truly excited to see where this journey takes me.
     I recently partnered with the amazing Rochelle York, a stylist here based out of Arizona and Jolen Elder of Lemon Heart Photography. We did a photo-shoot for a local designer, Envy by Khanh. The shoot was based out of Arizona. York decided to use real-life women to model "His looks are typically seen on the runway, so I thought it would be fun to shoot his looks on "real women" Says York. It was an amazing experience, and the models did such a great job for their first time! Take a look below and I hope you dolls enjoy.

-Your favorite makeup artist and stylist of Arizona, Janae JaQuel

                                                   BEHIND THE SCENES


Rochelle York and I

FINISHED PRODUCT


It's so amazing watching real women transform, Kelly had no clue what she was capable of, but as soon as she warmed up  she killed the shoot. I absolutely love transforming real women.

Genevieve did such an amazing job, she also was very camera shy but as soon as she found her comfort level she ran the photo-shoot and she did such a beautiful job.

FOLLOW ME








               






No comments:

Post a Comment